Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Hanging Baskets

My newest challenge has been to build a watercolor picture quilt. I decided to try a basket of flowers using material from my most recent quilt and several added fat quarters. Every time I get near it, I rearrange some of the small 2-inch by 2-inch squares. Bill suggested that instead of building the basket with small squares, that I actually weave the rows. That's what I'm working on now.


My inspiration was this once-beautiful hanging basket that hangs outside our kitchen window.
Yesterday, we had a terrible storm here in Colorado Springs, and this basket, as well as all the rest of our flowers, was pummeled with golf ball-sized hail. Only the side of the basket deep under the eaves survived.


Bill took this picture early in the storm. The hail grew in size from here - and lasted 2 hours.


Ping Pong balls everywhere!


Bill has taken over my cutting table and is building a new plane.


He took this picture of his new sea plane just before the storm. Notice how lush the gardens around the pond look. They don't anymore. Today we have stems.


I saw this Robin on one of our walks in Palmer Park. We had to replace one of our geocaches.


Lots of Magpie's in the park as well.

No comments: