Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Projects

I'm fascinated with kaleidoscopic blocks! I'm working on a quilt for my daughter Laura using blues and browns. The main block uses 8 diamonds all cut with the exact same pattern.  

This picture does not do justice to the colors - there are only two background colors at this point, but more may be added as I go along. Each block is currently 12 inches by 12 inches. I haven't added the borders yet.

Traditional 9-patch blocks in the corners of the borders will connect the larger blocks. I'm still working on the final design - it's kind of a design-as-I-go since I'm not sure how far each of the fabric pieces will stretch or if I'll have to add more fabric to make the quilt large enough. I was just lucky the main piece had 8 repeats!





I decided to use the flower baskets for pillow shams so I'm working on a second basket.


No comments: