Saturday, May 21, 2016

Back in Colorado

We always like to get back to Colorado Springs for the Spring migration - around mid-May. This year we've not been disappointed.


A Bullock's Oriole was here to welcome us. He stayed around for a few days before moving on.


We always enjoy the Western Tanagers. This year we've had 5 or 6 flying around.


We've seen a couple of male Black-headed Grosbeaks and one female.


This is a younger Western Tanager with just a hint of red on the head.


We had an entire flock of Chipping Sparrows stop by one morning.


I love the Woodpeckers! This Downy stops by everyday for a snack.


We've also had quite a few Pine Siskins this year.


This picture shows the streak of yellow better. This is a first for the yard.


Another first - a Nuthatch.


It's hard for me to determine size when I look at my pictures. I assume this is a Downy and not his bigger cousin the Hairy.

No comments: