Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finally Finished

It's finally finished! This quilt is HUGE. I pieced it last winter from pre-cut strips (which I said I'd NEVER use again) and left it with a long arm quilter to sandwich and quilt. I didn't care if I ever saw it again as I really didn't like it - but Bill loved it.

It looks much better now that it's finished. It's a long way around when you are hand sewing the binding - but I enjoy that part.

Vicki Cooley did a great job on the quilting. One of the shops here in Ocala has a long arm machine that you can rent and my new machine is much bigger with a 11 1/2 inch throat, so I'm going to try my hand at doing my own.

All the fabrics are batiks and they are beautiful. I did not like the pre-cut strips because they were not consistent and just sewing together a bunch of strips was boring - no challenge.

I have two more quilts that I finished over the summer - a French Braid and a One-Block Wonder - but they are gifts for two of my kids so I can't share the pictures yet.

No comments: