Saturday, February 28, 2015

Happy Birthday!

 Bill & I host a group birthday party. The invitation read "If you celebrated a birthday in 2014 or expect to celebrate one in 2015 then this party is for you!" This year we welcomed 14 people. Everyone brought a side dish or appetizer and a gift-wrapped birthday present. Bill out did himself making pulled pork and cole slaw.


Donna enjoys everyday - but especially likes ones with good friends, good food and presents!


Why do the women sit at one end and the men at the other? It's like high school all over again! Check out the pile of presents for our Chinese Gift Exchange.




Our Happy Birthday cake


I think Vinny liked his present - one of my aprons.


We finally made it out to Paines Prairie. This has not been a good winter for birding, so when we had a nice warm morning - off we went! This Great Blue Heron was glad to see us.


It's not too often that we see the buffaloes...


or the wild horses.


Back at home, we see our resident coyote nearly every day.


...and this is why they are Red-bellied Woodpeckers!


We've had more Blue Jays than usual.


OK - lousy picture, but good story. This morning we had a huge flock of Robins in the yard - probably 200 or more. I noticed one looked different and grabbed the binoculars. This Robin was part leucistic meaning that he had large white patches with no coloring. By the time I grabbed my camera he had flown too far away for a decent picture - but it's good enough for me to prove I saw it.

No comments: