Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Down the Shore

Apparently, I sound like a Philadelphian. People will stop me mid-sentence and ask where I'm from. Bill still teases me when I say "water," and "chotskies." When we were kids, we went "down the shore" which is apparently a very localized phrase - but it sounds right to me - and that's just what we did!

I love this picture! The Ruddy Turnstone looks like it's admiring itself in a mirror.

I wish you could see the bright yellow feet on this Snowy Egret.

As always, the Sanderlings were playing at the ocean's edge - running back and forth as the waves licked the sandy beach.

I always have to look up the plovers to see which one it is. This one, I believe is a Wilson's Plover.


This Pine Warbler doesn't belong on the beach! But I liked the picture.

No comments: