Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rainbow Springs State Park

One of the last adventures Bill and I took with sister Beth before she left was to Rainbow Springs State Park to show Beth the headwaters of the crystal clear Rainbow River. The river is formed by a first magnitude spring, ranked fourth in the state for volume of discharge - 600 million gallons of water every day. The Rainbow River flows for 6 beautiful miles before merging with the Withlacoochee River.

This picture does not do justice to the beauty of the river.

One of the cute creatures that calls the park home.

Sister Beth. Before she headed north, back to her winter home in NC, she helped me with my quilting - showing me how to paper piece, sew curves and properly baste a quilt to machine quilt.

Beth is a long time quilter and brought several of her projects to share with me and my local quilting friends.

I was blown away with her art quilts - especially her Serengeti Lions. I stole this picture from her blog at http://quilterb-bethsblog.blogspot.com/. This 60" x 45" quilt began as a picture that her daughter, Lisa took while in Africa. Amazing!

We had a great visit and I hope she'll come back again soon.

No comments: