Monday, September 13, 2010

New Camera!

I finally did it - I broke down and bought the camera that I have been looking at for months - a Canon Rebel T2i digital SLR. It came in a bundle with an 18-55 mm IS (image stabilizer) lens and a 70-300 mm IS lens. I took my first pictures today.

My first decent picture - one of our hummingbirds. Please click on the image and check out the detail - many, many times better than my old Nikon.

I was even able to catch her in mid-flight - something I've never been able to do before. Check out those tiny feet. She is able to stand but cannot walk.

During our early morning hike today, I took about a hundred pictures of chickadees. This one is a Black-capped Chickadee.

And this one, with a white stripe over his eye, is a Mountain Chickadee.


Even the common Grackle looks better! I have a lot to learn about my new toy, but already I wonder why it took me so long to make the change from a point-and-shoot to an SLR.

No comments: