Friday, October 29, 2010

Quilt Shoppe Road Trip

Yesterday, I deserted Bill and headed to Trenton, Florida with two new friends. Our destination was the Suwanne Valley Quilt Shoppe. We arrived shortly after it opened at 10:00 a.m.

The complex is a restored 1925 Coca Cola building and you enter the quilt shop through the cafe where we had lunch.

The shop has over 5000 bolts of fabric in several rooms. This is the Asian room.

All of the fabric is 100% cotton.

Every color and print imaginable!

There is an entire room of books...

... and a long hall with notions.

After we finished our shopping, we investigated one of the other buildings - full of quilt and sewing-related antiques.

Beth, this is the small red Singer I told you about.

These are some of the beautiful fabrics I came home with.

Can you tell I like color? Now all I need is a sewing machine!

Information about this neat shop can be found here:
http://www.suwanneeshops.com/quiltshoppe.html

No comments: