Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lowry Park Zoo with the OTOW Shutterbugs

The OTOW Shutterbugs Photography Club took a field trip to the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. At the next meeting we will share some of our favorite images from the trip. I did not stay with the group when they toured the park as I wanted to get different pictures - plus, I wanted to spend quality time in the aviary with the birds.

The Lorikeets are housed in a large, screened-in area where visitors can actually go inside to view the birds up close and personal. They are wonderful little critters and while I watched, one perched on the zoo volunteer's shoulder and pecked her ear.

This is not your run-of-the-mill city pigeon - but a Nicobar Pigeon found in Southeast Asia, New Guinea and the Philippines. He's wearing my colors!!

The Lowry Zoo was rated #1 by Parents Magazine and watching the children was as wonderful as watching the zoo inhabitants.

Tell me this isn't the neatest set-up! Of course, the zoo sells food that you can feed to the giraffes.

I don't know who was having the most fun - the children, the parents or the giraffe!

Don't you love to see fathers with their children?

This is Momma Orangutan.

And this is her greedy baby, begging one of the zoo keepers for a hand-out. How could you resist that face?

Just as the day was really heating up, we all gathered and went to PF Chang's for lunch. It was a fun day - thanks for driving Gary!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have always liked Lowry Zoo. Makes it all the more fun when you're with a group of friends that enjoy the same things, and see things a little differently through the lens. And I got more pictures for my collection too. A great day.