Friday, March 9, 2012

Red-headed Woodpeckers

When we stopped to see the Kestrels, we also looked for the Red-headed Woodpeckers. Sure enough, there they were!

We've never seen Red-headed Woodpeckers any other place - but we always see several at this one location.

This one was going in and out of the hole in the dead tree.

Beautiful birds!

I also spotted this bird in a nearby shrub. I think it's an Eastern Phoebe - but the brown on his wings has me confused. I kept going back and forth between the phoebe and Great-crested Flycatcher - but I didn't see any yellow on his chest - so I settled on the phoebe. Please feel free to correct me!

While my daughter Pamela and son Leandro were here, we took a stroll around Rainbow Springs State Park. The water is crystal clear and, as you can see, it's easy to spot the various creatures that call the water home.

The Azaleas and Dogwood Trees were in full bloom so we decided we'd let Bill take our picture. I had a wonderful visit with my beautiful daughter and little Leao (he's the BEST baby!)

No comments: