Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Love My Birds!

It's been great fun watching the birds in the yard as they migrate through. We have had more Western Tanagers than ever before and they seen to be staying longer.


Yesterday we had about 15 playing in the bushes behind our house and visiting the feeders.


The female (left) is much duller than the flamboyant male - but still beautiful.


The Bullock's Orioles have also been plentiful. This is a gorgeous male.


This one is more yellow than orange and does not have the black on his head yet. I think it's a juvenile male.


As I was watching the orioles and tanagers this little guy flew into sight. Boy was I excited! This Life Bird is a Black-throated Blue Warbler. This picture was taken through a dirty kitchen window at dusk so it's not the greatest.


He was back today and I took lots of pictures.


 




 Another uncommon visitor to our back yard. I believe this is a Western Wood Pewee.



No comments: