Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bitsy and Toto

It was a little cool early this morning - in the 50's but the wind was absolutely calm so Bill headed to Seahawks Park to fly his RC airplane and visit with the guys. I headed out for a walk with my camera in tow.

I was hoping for a pretty sunrise, but today the sun just appeared with no color guard to welcome it to the last day of the year.

This is Bitsy. She is a very friendly Boston Bull Terrier. Her owner reports that she is an excellent companion and friend but, Bitsy is not predictable when it comes to other dogs - sometimes she likes them, sometimes she doesn't.

Bitsy has an unmistakable bull dog face. Her owner said some of her features were like a pit bull - which was NOT what I wanted to hear.

Further along on my walk I met Toto. What a friendly little dog! She wanted to jump up and visit but her owner discouraged that behavior (to my relief!).

This is not a very good picture as Toto did not want to stand still - she wanted to get on with her walk. Toto is 3 years old and was found at a rescue shelter. Her owner believes she is a mixture of Yorkie and Shih Tzu. If I see her again I will try to get a better picture as she is especially pretty.

I saw a third dog out walking - but he was really big and I was sure I had something really important to do - on the other side of the street.

This is the view from our lanai where I sit and type. It is so peaceful here. I love looking out and watching the birds and critters.

Once Bill returns and the "kids" get up we will probably head to the beach and stay to see the final sunset of 2008.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

No comments: