Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fountain Creek Nature Center

I didn't see a barn - but I did see this Barn Swallow while walking at Fountain Creek Nature Center. They are so pretty!


Usually they are flying around so quickly, I can't get a shot!


This was a very pleasant surprise - A Western Grebe.


I'm pretty sure this is a Bank Swallow. Please let me know if you think otherwise.


...another view


Look at those long wing tips!


Teal, Blue-winged.


I certainly didn't expect to see this in Colorado - an Eastern Kingbird. Apparently, they overlap into the territory of the Western Kingbird - but it's a first for me.


Red-winged Blackbirds are plentiful anytime we are near water.


Another view of the Barn Swallow.


We often see Wild Turkeys - but I don't think I've ever seen so many Tom's looking for attention from the ladies. Too bad they were so far away!

No comments: