Sunday, May 12, 2013

Life Birds & More!

It was an amazing trip from Ocala to Colorado Springs via South Texas. The birds were fabulous and we added over 3 dozen birds to our Life List. Please let me know if I've misidentified any of the birds!

 An American Redstart - a real challenge to photograph!

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (F)
We've seen one before, but this is the first good picture I've gotten. We also saw a Ladder-backed Woodpecker - but I did not get a picture.

 Audubon's Oriole - immature male.

 Tennessee Warbler

Black-bellied Whistling Duck 

Black-crested Titmouse 

 Buff-bellied Hummingbird

Clay-colored Thrush 

Couch's Kingbird

1 comment:

Ministry Mom said...

Gail - Thanks so much for posting these wonderful pictures! I have so enjoyed your birding. The variety is incredible. FYI, yesterday we saw a flicker enjoying lunch from the trunk of a Joshua Tree! I thought of you and your camera skill. You'd have gotten a great shot. Again, thanks for posting! - Sally