Saturday, June 14, 2014

Red-tailed Hawk

We have had a Red-tailed Hawk in the area recently. Here he is with a Grackle that he plucked from the yard behind ours.


Bill was directed to the nesting area about a 1/8 mile north of us in a fellow RC flyers backyard.


The pictures aren't very good, but you can see at least one juvenile. Both adults were present.


In other news, Bill joined a new RC club about 20 minutes east of Colorado Springs so he's off to the prairie flying early most mornings. I'm still working on my Super Mario quilt, playing Mah Jongg every Wednesday and last Thursday, I hosted 11 other women for a rousing game of Bunko. We have several visits upcoming - my son and an old friend of Bill's later this month and my daughter & youngest grandson in July. We try to get out birding 2 or 3 times a week. Family, friends, cooking, shopping and yard work fill in the cracks. Did I mention house work? No, I didn't. There might be a reason for that.

No comments: