Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Another Fabulous Day in the Cruff-Baker Backyard

 I've never seen a more beautiful Yellow-rumped Warbler! The bright yellow throat indicates it is an "Audubon's Warbler" which is a sub-species of Yellow-rumped.



Every time I looked out the window today, I saw beautiful birds. The Bullock's Orioles were thick. I saw as many as 4 at a time.





The Western Tanagers were also out in numbers.




 I am absolutely amazed at the amount of yellow on the Audubon Warbler! This is a different bird from the one at the beginning of the blog and has slightly different markings.





Even the Hermit Thrush was back.



And I have to admit - if it was the awful snow and cold that caused this phenomenal showing of beautiful birds - then I guess I'll put up with it - maybe even welcome it.

No comments: