Saturday, May 17, 2014

Another New Life Bird

The migration continues...

We found a new park on the west side of Colorado Springs, Sondermann Park. There were lots of school kids on a field trip and the bathrooms were closed, so it was a short walk, but we still managed to see a new Life Bird.

The pictures are not very good, but this is a MacGillivray's Warbler. I had to post pictures on a Facebook Birding ID site for confirmation - but they agreed with my ID. The broken eye ring was a dead giveaway. 


This is a female. The male is more colorful and I may have to go back and see if I can find him!


The crazy influx of tanagers and orioles continues. All day long our bushes are decorated and re-decorated with Western Tanagers...


Bullock's Orioles...


Yellow-rumped Warblers...


Virginia's Warblers and other beautiful birds.


The female Western Tanagers have also arrived. They are no where near as colorful as their partners.



The female Bullock's Orioles arrived also.



This Western Tanager decided it was time for a bath. Bill & I took about 100 pictures and all are hysterical. Here is a small selection...






I guess the Robin came by to check him out.
















This one is my favorite!


We had another visitor stop by to check out the excitement.


Here is our Western Tanager all clean and dried off.


He decided to pose on the water fall jug.


Just a couple more shots of the Virginia's Warbler.




That's all for now - I'm off!


No comments: