Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's Just Not Right!

This is May in Colorado! ...and my poor little House Finch doesn't like it one bit! Temperatures are in the 20's when they are supposed to be in the 70's.


Bill took this shot just as the snow started - when we still thought it was pretty to see the flowers peeking through the fresh fallen snow.


In the middle of the storm we saw this hummingbird trying to get a sweet drink through the cold white stuff.


My flowers are completely covered. At this point we thought the worst was over. It wasn't. The winds were brutal pushing the "feels like" temps down into the teens!


Bright and early this morning I found a hummingbird taking refuge in our Cooking House.


He was guarding his supply of sugar water from the vantage point of the BBQ equipment. He's still out there!


 It is supposed to begin warming up soon and I promise I will stop complaining. The snow is mostly gone and the sun is peeking through the clouds on occasion. By the end of the week we will be able to put our flowers back outside and plant the beautiful rose bush I received for Mother's Day. When I can sit outside on the patio, watch the birds and feel the sun on my face - life will be wonderful.

No comments: