Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My BIG winnings in Cripple Creek!

Paula & I headed to Cripple Creek on Saturday to exercise our wrists and trigger fingers. I figure I probably won over $500. The only problem is - it took me over $600 to win it!

Paula's luck was equally good - maybe even better. The ATM machine was her new, best friend. We had a great time anyway.

The "boys" (Bill and Lou) enjoyed their day without us by taking a 3 1/2 hour hike in Palmer Park and shopping at Whole Foods. We returned home to a fabulous steak dinner and some to-die-for hors d'oeuvres with the best goat cheese I've ever had.

Thanksgiving is in two days. It is also my birthday. I will be 62 years old. Bill is cooking the turkey at his daughter Laura's house - where we will gather with the rest of his family for the feast.

I wish I were closer to my kids during the holidays - but 3 of the 4 will come to visit us in Florida, Johnny (JK) in December, Pamela & husband Orlando & grandsons Gabriel and Sebastian in January and Laura & grandson, Zachary in February.

We leave in 11 more days! My sister, Beth & her husband Warren will be vacationing on Fort Myers Beach for the month of December so I am looking forward to spending time with them. My sister is my inspiration for this blog (and MANY other things!). She has a dynamite blog at http://quilterb-bethsblog.blogspot.com/

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments: