Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sandsculpting Festival

On Friday Bill and I headed to Fort Myers Beach for the 22nd Annual American Sandsculpting Championship Festival. It was a picture perfect day; we were able to park very close for only $5 and the crowds had not yet arrived.

Armed with water and my camera, we headed out to see the sculptures. The artists have only a couple of days to design and create their masterpieces with sand, water, lots of hard work and imagination. It was hot on the beach. I felt especially sorry for the gal that usually did ice sculptures.






























Some of the artists enjoyed visiting, others were too busy concentrating on their exhibit.

I saw this license plate in the parking lot and couldn't resist taking a picture.


Heading down to the water, we could see that the kids had been inspired by the festival. This young boy has my vote for next year's competition!
Heading back to the car we made one last stop.

No comments: